Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunshine

"Sunshine... on my shoulder, makes me happy."
-John Denver-

This is my cousin Rachel... again. I wanted to dedicate this post to her. She is graduating this semester and I wanted to take a picture of her because is one the people I care about most here in Rexburg. Her sister Sarah calls Rachel "Sunshine" sometimes, so I thought the composition of this image was very appropriate. So I just want to say thanks Rachel for helping make my semesters here amazing. I love you cuz.

To I go along with the theme "Sunshine" I chose to take this picture right at sunset. Sometimes you'll hear a photographer talk about beautiful light most of the time it is in reference to sunrise or sunset. These are the best times of day to take beautiful pictures. The reason behind this is you don't get that direct harsh sunlight, it makes everything have a natural glow.

If any of you have taken physics you find out that light has a temperature associated with the color. Now you often hear people talk about how blues and violets are cool colors and oranges and reds are warm colors. When referencing actual color temperature this is not the case. Here are just a few examples:

Light Source     Color Temp (kelvins)
clear blue sky    20,000
hazy sunlight     9,000
overcast sky      7,000
morning sun     4,500
late afternoon sun 4,500
sun rise and set 2,000


No comments:

Post a Comment