Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Color Blind?

If your interested in color photography it might be advantageous to know if you are color blind or color deficient. Most forms of color blindness are genetic disorders that are inherited at birth. These disorders are most commonly carried in the X chromosome. Since females have two X chromosomes both have to be defective for the them to experience symptoms, but males only have one X chromosome so they are more likely to have symptoms of color blindness. In the book "Capturing Color" by Phil Malpas, he states that on a general average 8% of males and 0.5% of females suffer from varying degrees of color blindness.

There are a few types of color blindness protanope, deuteranope, and tritanope. Here is an example of how those who have these different types of color blindness see:

heidiblnd.jpg


Check and see if your color blind by taking a online test here.

1 comment:

  1. Well after a few weeks of no internet I'm finally caught up with your photos and posts, Phew! haha

    Audrey you never cease to amaze me, you have taken the scientific facts that you have learned and incorporated them into your explanations, it makes me proud to call you my sister especially since I would probably not have ever made the connection.

    keep being the amazing intelligent, and artistic sister that I am proud to call mine, I love you

    ReplyDelete