Sunday, July 19, 2009

Motion

In photography sometimes the photographer wants to get a certain point across by showing motion in the picture. In this image, as you can see, one of the wheels is stationary and the other is rotating. I chose to take a picture of this because one of my wheels' barring is locked up and makes ridding a little harder. So If I ever go cruse with anyone else I have to work a lot harder to keep up.

The way you capture motion is by using a long shutter speed. This picture I used a 1 or 2 second shutter speed and had a tripod. A tripod is completely necessary if you want to have some clarity in you image.  Now when using a long shutter speed you have to be aware of the amount available. If you use a long shutter speed in the middle of a sunny day your image will be very bright and you will lose a lot of detail in the hot spots. Hot spots are areas where there is direct sunlight or there is something white in the image. I took this picture at 5:30 in the morning, the sun wasn't even up and this is how bright it turned out. So remember to think about the amount of light you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment