Thursday, July 16, 2009

God Bless America

This is another image from my series and I'll probably show you a couple more ;).

In this post I wanted to combine a few things that I love; America, longboarding, and photography. In reference to that love I thought this image deserved a little more respect. The way I gave my respect to this image was by taking my time and composing it well. Here's a few things that help make this a nice image:

Depth of field - the only things in focus are the board and the longboarder. Also the image is tight, there isn't a lot of empty space around the subject. These two things keep your attention on the subject.

Lighting - this image is back lit a gives a little bit of a silhouette feeling. The silhouette feature makes you focus on the shapes in the image and makes the lines sharp.

Color - Because the subject is back lit the colors in the image aren't as bright and vibrant. I like this touch because it limits the number of hues in the picture, which really can make an image ten times stronger. Also the colors are a little dark and I like this because it gives the image a more down to earth softer feeling, which helps maintain that respect.

Something that I hope you guys get from this blog is the urge to do your own thing! Don't do all the cliché things out there, make your pictures your own.

3 comments:

  1. Great pic, Audge! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I like this one it is way cool. Love you and cant wait for you to take pics of me and my fam when you live here

    ReplyDelete