Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Monet











I know I already talked to you about series, but here is another example I been working on for the past three months. 

The idea actually came from the famous artist Claude Monet. He would sit in the same spot and paint the Rouen Cathedral. He did around 26 paintings of the cathedral and each one is different because he would come back at different times of the year and different times of the day. Each painting reveals a different lighting. That lighting reveals the kind of verity you can get from the sun.

I just want to clarify to all you aspiring artists out there, that it is okay look at others work (even in a different medium) and get ideas of what you might be able to do. If you get an idea and put your own twist on it... that's okay. More than likely you aren't going to invent something that nobody else has thought of, it just isn't practical. I think it takes quite a bit of creativity to put your own twist on something, and make it represent you.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a genius!! Thanks for sharing and explaining. I love that you know stuff that I don't!!! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good job!! it looks good..i'm proud of you for being so knowledgeable about all this photography kinda stuff!! i love ya baby girl!

    ReplyDelete