Friday, June 19, 2009

Man Hole


Abstract art it an interesting concept. Images tend to reflect the artist more because their images show what they see or how they are able to look at something ordinary in a different perspective.

When I took this image a it was raining and the paint on the cover was very vibrant. This caught my eye so I thought I'd experiment with it. What I did was lay down on the ground (I was wearing a white shirt at the time), line up the grid of the cover so that it was in that V shape (your eyes tend to follow certain patterns more easily than others, examples are a V shape or a Z shape), and used a large aperture so I could get that narrow depth of field. Since it was a cloudy day I didn't get any shadows and I think this helped make the image more simple.

In our world colors tend to represent certain feelings, ideas, or can influence attitudes. Green has a strong connection with safety (green light means it's safe to cross the intersection), and it can imply self-control and renewal. Also green has a relaxing effect on us, by looking at something green it can help relax your eyes. These calming properties are used by television companies; they will have their guests sit in green rooms to help relax them before they make an appearance. Green can present different ideals in different cultures too. In America green is associated with a rise in the stock market, while in Asia it represents a fall in stocks or shares. It is truly amazing how a single color can influence us so much.

5 comments:

  1. For some reason the green in this picture is kind of dull. I don't know why because it was a lot more bright on my computer and when I printed it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great. I love the way you write these entries to go along with your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm learning so much & I'm not even taking a class. I love your blog & pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you baby girl!!!!! I hope everything is going well and keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey!! I miss seeing this picture everyday!! OH and i miss you too. How have you been? Please feel free to tell me everything you have been up to!

    Karaska Crow

    ReplyDelete