Monday, April 27, 2009

Favorite Shoes



This is my self portrait, I took this photo in July of 2008. I chose these shoes as my subject because, something I believe in is that you can tell a lot about a person just by looking at their shoes.

 One of the reasons why I think this photo came out nicely is because it follows the rule of thirds, this can help make the photo more ascetically pleasing. The basic principle behind the rule of thirds is to imagine two sets of parallel lines (one set horizontal and the other vertical) cutting the photo into thirds, and making 9 boxes. Where these lines intersect are points of interest (the four corners of the center box).  In this photo my high-heel hits two, almost three of these focal points, therefore it catches your eye.
If you want to learn more about the rule of thirds you can visit this web sight, http://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds

6 comments:

  1. I love this photo, but I also love the info about it. Reading it makes me feel more informed and a little smarter now. Thanks for that. You are amazing and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Half of this blog is to inform people on how to make their photos better. Of course the other half is the work I get to display :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved learning the rule of 3rds. I can't wait to put it into action for my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously AUdrey......This picture should be in a magazine. Why did you choose BW? I love it in BW! But what are your thoughts behind it. The contrast of the concrete walls and stairs against the shadows of the subject is great!!! And the stripes on the shoes are perfectly set on the white-ish background. Sweet! I also think it's great that you are explaining the rules and techniques of photography! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work Audrey.

    ReplyDelete