Saturday, May 16, 2009

Isolated Color

In this photo I was experimenting with isolated color. Sometimes isolated color is much more effective than taking a picture with a ton of  color. I heard a interesting quote in my photo class it goes, "a thimble of red is much more than a bucketful." I don't know who said it but the concept is very true. 

Just a reminder magenta and the green are complementary colors. Check out the color wheel post if you don't remember what the other complementary colors are. :)

5 comments:

  1. Another great picture Audrey. I learned something new again as well. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can isolate things like this! you are so talented! mom was just telling someone about your photography talents while she was here

    ReplyDelete
  3. great DOF! eye popping color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool this must be a new pic. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being such a good teacher. I come to your blog for the beauty and am rewarded with intelectual stimulation as well. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete